Georgia Music Partners and gener8tor Announce Agenda for COVID-19 Response Program
Free Webinar Series Serving Georgia Music Industry Begins Monday + Runs Daily, May 11 – 15 at Noon
ATLANTA: (May 8, 2020) Georgia Music Partners (GMP), the state’s premier music business advocacy group, in partnership with gener8tor, a startup and artist accelerator program, shared today the itinerary for a new initiative supporting Georgia artists and music businesses affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. Under the Georgia Emergency Response Program, participants will have access to a free webinar series designed to identify and leverage critical resources in order to weather this ongoing public crisis.
As a part of the program, participants will be invited to lunchtime webinars presented by experts who will cover a variety of actionable topics designed to help participants both financially and emotionally, irrespective of one’ career stage. In addition, several Listening Sessions with A&R reps and artists will be available for musicians to get feedback on their music and make connections with industry professionals. Current webinar schedule is below:
- Monday, May 11
- 12PM ET: “Federal Loan Resources and Forgiveness: What You Need To Know” ft. Roshanda Naulls (Aprio) & Tate Henshaw (Polay Clark & Co)
- 1PM EST: Listening Session with Delante Murphy, Atlanta A&R for Empire Distribution
- Tuesday, May 12
- 12PM ET: “Growing Your Audience and Making Money Online: How to Use Twitch to Bolster Your Career During Lockdown” ft. Karen Allen, Author, Twitch for Musicians
- 1PM ET: Listening Session with Brian Johnston, Senior Director of A&R, Atlantic Records
- Wednesday, May 13
- 12PM ET: “How to Build and Leverage Your Digital Presence During COVID-19” ft. Jay Gilbert, Co-Founder, Digital Strategy, Label Logic
- 1PM ET: Listening Session with Country & pop with Brandon Bush, Sugarland
- Thursday, May 14
- 12PM ET: “Multi-Platinum Case Studies on How to Grow Your Brand Via Instagram and TikTok” ft. Bernie Lawrence-Watkins, Attorney, B. Lawrence Watkins & Associates, PC
- 1PM ET: “Personal and Business Finance Best Practices During COVID-19” ft. Chris Benner & DiAndira Green, Bennett Thrasher
- Friday, May 15
- 12PM ET: “Mental Health and Wellness from Musicians and Business Owners” ft. Ami Bedi, MA LPC NCC, Riverwalk Psychotherapy Associates
- 1PM ET: Listening Session with Mark Jackson, Creative Director | A&R at Trap music museum | Grand Hustle
GMP and gener8tor will also host one-on-one consultations with participants in order to answer questions and walk through resources available to musicians and businesses at this time.
“The music industry has been hit hard by the COVID-19 outbreak, especially due to the suspension of all live touring activity,” said Shachar Oren, GMP’s President. “We are thankful for gener8tor’s partnership in producing this wonderful program gratis for our creative music community and music businesses, many of which are small businesses. We are dedicated to doing all we can to sustain our music business community through this crisis so that we can emerge strong on the other side of it, and we hope that our community will take advantage of this offering and find it useful and actionable.”
“We have seen firsthand the impact that the music industry has on a community, and we hope to call on our network of mentors, industry professionals and partners to support artists and businesses at this time,” said Joe Kirgues, gener8tor co-founder. “Our goal is for everyone to come out on the other end of this crisis as strong as possible to ensure a continued thriving music scene in Georgia.”
Registration for the program is free. Interested artists, musicians, and creatives may visit www.gener8tor.com/emergency-response-program/georgia to register. The program will kick off on Monday, May 11 and run through Friday, May 15. All Georgia-based musicians and music industry businesses are welcome to apply.
About Georgia Music Partners: Georgia Music Partners is a not-for-profit organization founded with the mission to help Georgia’s music industry grow to promote job growth and culture in the state of Georgia. Georgia Music Partners managed to pass the Georgia Music Investment Act in 2017, which then went into effect in January 2018 and creates a new tax incentive for music production in Georgia. GMP is currently working to pass a fix bill to further this overall mission. Visit www.georgiamusicpartners.org to learn more about GMP and our advocacy work.
About gener8tor: gener8tor’s turnkey platform for the creative economy connects startup founders, musicians, artists, investors, universities and corporations. The gener8tor platform includes pre-accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, conferences and fellowships. Visit https://www.gener8tor.com to learn more.
Georgia Music Partners: 360 Media, Inc. – 404-577-8686 or email@example.com
gener8tor: Prentice Keller – 763-438-1667 or firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #